Picnic Areas Rules & Regulations
- Alcohol is not allowed in any City facility or park at any time. (E.S.M.C. 10-1-4)
- No outside BBQs or grills are allowed. Caterers and outside vendors are only allowed with prior approval from the Recreation Supervisor accompanied with commercial general liability insurance covering the caterer or outside vendor. (See Supervisor for required amounts.)
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older and have a current Recreation ID Card to make a reservation at the resident rate. The ID card holder must be present when checking in. A $200.00 refundable security deposit is required for all reservations, made payable by credit card only. Security deposit must be received at the time of reservation request. A cancellation fee of $50.00 will be charged if cancelled up to and including seven days before the scheduled event. Otherwise a $10.00 administration fee will be charged for a cancellation if payments have already been processed. There is no fee for changing a reservation date.
- You must clean your area at the completion of your reservation. Trash must be placed in the receptacles or bagged and sat next to the receptacles. Please ask staff to check your area at the completion of your event.
- By accepting responsibility for this reservation you must be present at the event from beginning to end.
- Reservations can be made for a MAXIMUM number of people listed for each area. No exceptions. This will be monitored and enforced. Bounce houses must be provided by a City of El Segundo pre-approved vendor. Only two bounce houses are allowed per day.
- Residents may not reserve for business sponsored events. Violations may result in loss of security deposit and future reservation privileges.
- No vehicles may be driven in the park at any time. You may unload items outside of the yellow fire lane gate adjacent to the picnic areas
- Electricity is not available in the park. You may not run extension cords into the Checkout Building for any reason.
- Generators are allowed for groups that need power. Amplified sound is NOT allowed in the park. If you wish to use amplified sound for announcements, radios, etc., you must obtain a sound permit from the Planning & Building Safety Department at City Hall.
- The City of El Segundo reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time. Violation of any above rule or regulation may result in loss of the security deposit. All charges will be processed via the credit card provided at the time of the reservation.
If you wish to bring a bounce house, caterer or other onsite vendor to El Segundo Recreation Park you must submit the vendor's insurance information to a Recreation Supervisor before your event date. Insurance information must be approved to bring an onsite vendor to El Segundo Recreation Park.
- A City of El Segundo business license
- A certificate of liability insurance naming the City of El Segundo as an additional insured for a minimum of $1 million
- A valid Certificate of Endorsement attached to the liability insurance documents